Local muscle fatigue (LMF) is a phenomenon that can assist the understanding of what occurs within the muscles during muscle loading. It essentially sets the boundary between differing functional states of the muscles. Therefore, determining the degree of LMF may be a universally applied process in training optimization and injury prevention
It is imperative to identify potential imbalances in order to provide training to assist in avoiding the risk of musculoskeletal injuries. It is also necessary to determine how different muscles respond to a variety of training programmes as monitoring may provide a platform in which to reduce the risk of injury. In such cases, further evaluation is required.
How it works?
TMG allows measurements of important characteristics related to LMF. In addition, it can also be used to quantitatively determine the degree of change known as ‘size of LMF’. Furthermore, LMF determination requires individual testing.
Merlene Ottey High Performance solutions are used by world’s most prominent athletes, sports clubs and national federations.
- Football federation of Spain, Spain
- Rafael Nadal, ATP Tennis player
- FC Barcelona, Spain
- Hockey federation of Russia, Russia
- University of Iowa Olympic centre, USA
- FC Real Madrid, Spain
- Football federation of Italia, Italy
- FC Manchester United, UK
- Bundesamt für Sport BASPO, Swiss
- FC Milan, Italy
- Northeastern University Athletics, USA
- FC Liverpool, UK
- UK Athletics, UK
- FC Al Hilal, Saudi Arabia
- INEFC Institute for Physical Education of Catalonia, Spain
- BC Khimki, Russia
- UK Sport Institute, UK
- FC Atletico Madrid, Spain
- EXOS, USA
- Julien Lizeroux, FIS Skier
- See all references